Terms & Conditions
1. This contract is between The Ultrasound Clinic and the Customer (you) and shall be governed by the following terms and conditions. Nothing in these conditions will affect your statutory rights.
2. The Ultrasound Clinic will provide a health scan ("the Scan"). Our Ultrasound Practitioners are not in possession of your medical records or history and are therefore not in a position to medically advise you on any diagnostic results. You should always seek the advice of your Consultant and / or General Practitioner with any questions you may have regarding the Scan, in particular if any symptoms persist. If the Scan you have chosen to undertake is for screening purposes, you acknowledge it is not exhaustive to all genetical scenarios.
3. The Ultrasound Clinic will supply a report in paper print format (and/or other optional media formats such as DVD, CD-ROM and USB stick) including images and/or measurement results taken during the Scan.
4. If a blood test result is also required to complete the scan report, The Ultrasound Clinic will supply this to you within 7 working days of your appointment by email.
5. If our Ultrasound Practitioner recommends a medical follow-up as an outcome of the Scan, The Ultrasound Clinic recommends that you contact your GP or other health care professional to discuss the Scan results. With your permission, The Ultrasound Clinic will also send a copy of the Scan report directly to your GP / health care professional.
6. If, in our Ultrasound Practitioner’s opinion, a re-scan appointment is needed to obtain the results for the primary purpose of the Scan, you will be advised on the optimum time for you to return. In most cases, one re-scan appointment is offered free of charge, however this cannot be guaranteed. If you choose not to have a free rescan appointment, a minimum charge for the original Scan time will still apply.
Price and payment terms.
7. The price for the Scan will be the price stipulated in The Ultrasound Clinic price list published from time to time.
8. Payment shall be made before the Scan is undertaken and The Ultrasound Clinic are not bound to deliver a scan report until paid for by the customer.
9. Deposits are non-refundable. In special circumstances deposits may be refunded at the discretion of The Ultrasound Clinic.
9. Bookings for the Scan are allotted a specific time slot. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the Scan is carried out at the allocated time, appointment times cannot be guaranteed.
10. The Ultrasound Clinic accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal effects howsoever caused whilst customers are on the premises.
11. The Ultrasound Clinic reserves the right to modify the service without notice from time to time. If, by doing so, the service is materially different then you will have a right of cancellation.
12. The Ultrasound Clinic will not be responsible or liable for any incidental or consequential loss or damage:
a) Caused by any act or omission by The Ultrasound Clinic or its employees, servants or agents.
b) Suffered by any person acting or failing to act as a result of the contents of any scan or any information supplied in connection with the Scan.
Nothing in this clause shall exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of The Ultrasound Clinic.
13. The Ultrasound Clinic will not be responsible for any breach of this contract caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
14. This contract is governed by the laws of England and Wales and is the entire contract between you and The Ultrasound Clinic.